Learn How to Make Baked Vada Pav recipe, from our Chef Upasana Shukla in Beat Batter Bake with Upasana only on Rajshri Food. Make this healthy version of the Indian Street Food Recipe and share your experience with us in the comments section below.
For the Pav:-
250 gms. All purpose flour (Maida)
1 tsp. Instant Dry Yeast
80ml Water + 50ml Milk
1 tbsp. Butter + 1 tsp. Salt
For the Filling:-
¼ tsp. Mustard Seeds
6-7 Curry Leaves
¼ tsp. Green Chillies, finely chopped
½ tsp. Ginger, grated
3 medium sized potatoes, steam cooked and mashed
¼ tsp. Turmeric Powder
¼ tsp. Red Chilli Powder
¼ tsp. Coriander Powder
1 tsp. Salt
¼ tsp. Chaat Masala
Garlic Chutney (Garlic cloves, Kashmiri Red Chillies ground together with Salt and Aamchur Powder)
The Vada Pav:-
1. In a bowl take maida and make a well in the middle and add yeast, sugar and milk-water mixture and mix the dough.
2. Add the butter and salt mixture to the dough.
3. Sprinkle the countertop with maida and knead the dough for 5-7 minutes.
4. Place the dough in a well-greased bowl and cover with a damp towel and keep aside for 45 minutes.
5. After 45 minutes, take the dough out and knead for 30 seconds and turn it into a log and divide into 6-7 equal portions.
6. Flatten the dough and place the Vadas in the center and seal it in and form a round ball and place it in a well-greased cake tin for 30 minutes.
7. After 30 minutes, brush them with milk.
8. Bake at 230°C for 12-15 minutes.
9. Once out of the oven brush the Vada Pavs with melted butter.
1. In a frying pan heat oil and add mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chillies, ginger and saute.
2. Now add the potatoes and mix well.
3. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and mix well.
4. Once the raw fragrance of the spices goes away, turn the flame off and add chaat masala.
5. Transfer the filling to a bowl and let it cool down to room temperature.
6. Once cooled down, turn it into flat