Get the full recipe from Delish:
3/4 lb. lasagna noodles
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. chicken breast, diced
Freshly ground black pepper
3 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 tbsp. cajun seasoning (without salt)
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
2 c. whole milk
1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
16 oz. whole milk ricotta
1 large egg
16 oz. grated mozzarella
1. Preheat oven 375°.
2. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook lasagna noodles until very al dente. Drain.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook onion and bell peppers until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook until golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes. Transfer mixture to a plate.
4. Make sauce: To skillet over medium heat, add butter. Once melted, sprinkle with Cajun seasoning and flour and cook 1 minute. Whisk in milk and let simmer until thick and creamy, about 3 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in Parmesan and parsley.
5. Assemble lasagna: In a small bowl, stir together ricotta and egg and season with more salt and pepper. In a large baking dish, spread a thin layer of sauce. Add a layer of lasagna noodles, top with a third of the ricotta mixture, a third of the chicken-vegetable mixture, another layer of sauce, and a third of the mozzarella. Repeat until all ingredients are used, ending with mozzarella.
6. Bake until bubbly and golden, 35 minutes.
7. Garnish with remaining parsley and serve.
SUBSCRIBE to delish:
FOLLOW for more #DELISH!