Chinese Beef Ground in Daikon Cups (Chinese Cooking @ Home)
Welcome to Chinese Cooking. My name is Xiao Wei and my goal is to make your cooking simple and exciting. Ever since my Mother showed me how to cook at an early age, I have always had a strong passion for cooking. My family still live in Inner Mongolia in the northern part of China, where I visit each year and learn new Chinese recipes.
1 Daikon Radish
150g Minced Beef
3 Spring Onions
1cm Ginger Root
1 Tbsp Chinese Cooking Wine
3 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Cornflour
1 Tbsp Ground White Pepper
10g Oyster Sauce
1 Tbsp Sugar
Salt to Taste
1. Peel and cut the daikon into 3cm thick chunks.
2. Finely chop the ginger, spring onions.
3. Finely dice the onion.
4. Place minced beef in a mixing bowl, add the ginger and diced onion.
5. Add the Chinese cooking wine, 2 Tbsp light soy sauce, 1½ Tbsp cornflour, white pepper, salt and mix.
6. Add 1 Tbsp oil to the mixture and mix again well.
7. Cover and marinate for 15 to 30 minutes.
8. Scoop a hole in the daikon into a bowl likeness.
9. Fill the marinated ground beef in the hole and place onto a dish.
10.Place dish into a steamer with 2 litres of water and steam for 20 minutes.
11.Transfer stuffed daikon onto a dish – reserve the liquid.
12.Place the liquid from the steamed daikon into a wok.
13.Add remaining soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar. Bring to the boil.
14.Add the remaining cornflour and cook until the sauce has thickened.
15.Pour the sauce over, sprinkle spring onion and serve.
Thank you for watching – If you would like my latest recipes, you can subscribe, its free, and you’ll be kept up-to-date with all my Asian recipes:
This video was produced by Harris Video Productions:
Thank you for watching
For more of my Asian recipes please click below: