Creamy Shrimp Soup Thai Style (Chinese Cooking Recipe)
Welcome to Chinese Cooking. My name is Xiao Wei and my goal is to make your cooking simple and exciting. Ever since my Mother showed me how to cook at an early age, I have always had a strong passion for cooking. My family still live in Inner Mongolia in the northern part of China, where I visit each year and learn new Chinese recipes.
200g Raw Prawns
3 Kaffer Lime Leave
1 Spring Onion
3 Stems Coriander
2 Red Chillies
1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
150ml Coconut Milk
600ml Chicken Stock/Water
Salt to Taste
1. Slice the spring onion, chillies, galangal & lime leaves.
2. Cut mushrooms into quarters & roughly chop the coriander.
3. Split lemongrass into halves.
4. Peel & de-vine the shrimps if necessary.
5. Place the stock or water in a pan then add any shells & heads of the shrimps (if any).
6. Add lemongrass, galangal & lime leaves into the pan and bring it to the boil.
7. Reduce heat to low & cover the pan; simmer for half an hour.
8. Transfer just the liquid into another pan, then add fish sauce, coconut milk, red chillies, the lemongrass from the other pan & salt.
9. Bring it to the boil and then add shrimps, mushroom & lime juice. Cook for 2 minutes.
10. Transfer into a bowl, garnish with spring onion, coriander & serve
Thank you for watching – If you would like my latest recipes, you can subscribe, its free, and you’ll be kept up-to-date with all my Asian recipes:
This video was produced by: Harris Video Productions:
Thank you for watching
For more of my Asian recipes please click below:
Chinese Beef Recipes:
Chinese Chicken Recipes:
Chinese Lamb Recipes:
Chinese Pork Recipes:
Chinese Seafood Recipes:
Chinese Stir-Fry Recipes:
Chinese Vegetable Recipes:
Chinese Vegetarian Recipes:
Chinese Tofu Recipes:
Chinese Curry Recipes:
Chinese Rice & Noodle Recipes:
Chinese Finger Buffet Recipes: –
Chinese Soups & Salad Recipes:
Chinese Stews & Hot Pot Recipes:
Chinese Dumplings & Pancake Recipes:
Chinese Spicy Recipes:
Chinese Skewer Recipes:
Chinese Rib Recipes: