A deliciously new way to serve up venison meatballs: stuff them with cheese, and wrap them in garlic bread!
• 1 pound ground venison
• 1 egg
• ¼ cup bread crumbs
• 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
• 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
• ½ tablespoon salt
• ½ tablespoon pepper
• 1 batch biscuit dough
• 1 cup marinara sauce
• 3 sticks of string cheese (mozzarella)
• 4 tablespoons butter, melted
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• Extra marinara for dipping
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) In a medium bowl, mix the ground venison, bread crumbs, pizza sauce, parsley, egg, salt, and pepper until evenly combined.
3) Cut string cheese into ½ inch chunks to stuff in meatballs.
4) Pinch off a portion of the meat mixture and form around a chunk of the string cheese into ping pong ball sized meatballs.
5) Coat the bottom of a skillet with olive oil and cook the meatballs over medium heat, turning to brown each side. Remove and set aside.
6) Form dough balls that are same size as meatballs and roll them flat. Place a ½ tablespoon of marinara sauce in center of dough, followed by a meatball. Wrap and pinch the dough closed, encapsulating the meatball.
7) Place the balls in a circle, nearly touching, seam-side down, in a greased cast-iron skillet or other round oven safe pan.
8) Mix the melted butter with garlic, and salt. Brush the balls with the garlic butter mixture.
9) Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
10) Place a bowl of warm marinara sauce in the middle of the meatball ring and dunk away!
Learn more Legendary Recipes here:
Shop our online store: