Chana Madra is a mouth-watering recipe with the unique combination of chana and yogurt.
Madra is a thick, yogurt based gravy that is popular in Pahari or Himachali food.
This dish is very popular in Himachal Pradesh, so on your next trip do try out this delicacy
But we cannot make you wait for holidays to come right?
So check out this yummy recipe and enjoy the flavours of Himachal at home.
Chickpeas are a brilliant source of plant based protein, it helps in controlling blood sugar levels and it’s also a great source of much needed fibre.
Let us know how you liked the dish in the comments section below.
• 2 tbsp ghee
• 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
• 1/2 tsp hing
• 1/2 tsp whole garam masala
• 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
• 2 tsp coriander powder
• 250 grams chana soaked and boiled
• 500 grams curd
• 1 tbsp salt
• 1 tbsp sugar
• 2 tbsp cashew and almonds chopped
• 2 tbsp raisins
1. Wash & soak the chana overnight in water.
2. When the chana are well soaked & nice & plump, put them in the pressure cooker, add salt & boil for half an hour.
3. In a thick bottomed pan, add ghee and when the ghee heats up add in the cumin ceeds, hing and whole garam masala (cloves, black & green cardamoms and cinnamon)
4. As soon as the spices start spluttering, add in the turmeric powder and coriander powder and the boiled chana.
5. Stir for a few seconds then quickly add in the beaten curd.
6. Mix the curd with the masala, till the mixture leaves the oil (the oil separates).
7. When the masala is done add salt, sugar & the dry fruits.
8. Cook for about 15-20 minutes more on slow fire.
JOOSy Tip : You have to make sure that you stir continuously while adding the yogurt and do not allow the yogurt to curdle.
Don’t forget to feed us while feeding yourself by subscribing to our channel
New video every Tuesday 🙂
SUBSCRIBE to JOOS FOOD for more such recipes