build your own curry recipe
2 cloves garlic
your choice of spices (curry, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, paprika, garam masala, etc.)
any other fresh vegetables you have
some type of protein (beans, peas, lentils, mushrooms, tofu, etc.)
can of tomatoes
1/4-3/4 cup canned coconut milk
salt + pepper to taste
1. dice up onion, garlic, + veggies.
2. saute onions + garlic in a little bit of oil or water on medium heat until the onions are translucent. add spices, salt, + pepper and saute for a few more minutes.
3. add all other veggies EXCEPT any leafy greens (spinach, kale, collard greens, etc.) and saute until soft.
4. add tomatoes + protein. begin adding coconut milk little by little until it becomes as creamy as you would like it.
5. let simmer for about 30 minutes until it has thickened up. while it’s simmering, taste and adjust spices as needed.
6. once it has thickened, add leafy vegetables and heat until soft (about 5 minutes). remove from heat.
7. serve with white or brown rice and enjoy! store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge (this dish tastes even better after sitting in the fridge for a few days).
music: Daybreak by Electric Mantis