This video is part of Indian Microwave recipes video series published every Tuesday. This week, we are showing How to make delicious Omelette in Microwave
Click to Subscribe
Watch this step-by-step video and find out How to Cook Omelette in Microwave.
Find more such Indian Microwave recipes at
We are taking in queries for March 2018 Q & A session. Send in your questions for this series and we will answer those queries. You can ask recipe related questions, food tips and tricks. You can also ask any queries related to me 🙂 We will be happy to answer all your queries.
Rush in your questions for March 2018 Q & A series.
Send in your queries at
Twitter : @kalimirch_smita
Want printable recipe? Head over to to print this recipe in easy and readable format.
Recipe: How to Cook Omelette in Microwave-Indian Microwave recipes-microwave omelette-Kalimirchbysmita-Ep264
Preparation Time:5 mins
Cooking Time:1 min 30 seconds (per Omelette)
1) 3 Eggs
2) 2 tbsp Milk
3) 1 Green Chili (finely chopped)
4) Salt to taste
5) 1 tsp Red Chili flakes
6) 1 small Onion (finely chopped)
7) 2-3 tbsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
1) We will take a Microwave Safe (MWS) flat plate. This MWS flat dish can be easily bought. It is also available in online stores. This dish is almost 7 1/2 inches in diameter (bottom). I am going to make 1 egg Omelette in this plate. You can even buy 9 inches plate, which can easily accomodate 2 eggs Omelette.
2) Take a large bowl, and crack open an egg. Add 1 tsp Milk, some chili flakes and pinch of salt. Whisk all these ingredients. We have whisked eggs nicely. It has become light and airy
3) Grease the Omelette plate with some butter. Put this dish in Microwave for 30 seconds. Place Omelette dish at center of glass tray
a) Mode: Micro mode b) Power Level: 900W (High) c) Time: 30 seconds d) Press start
4) In this plate, add whisked egg. Put this dish in Microwave for 1 min and 30 seconds
a) Mode: Micro mode b) Power Level: 900W (High) c) Time: 1 min 30 seconds d) Press start. Soft and Fluffy Plain Omelette is ready in 1 min 30 seconds
5) Now, we will make a Masala Omelette. Put some butter. Add some chopped Onions,some chopped coriander leaves,Chopped Chilies and mix well.Put in Microwave for 1 min
a) Mode: Micro mode b) Power Level: 900W (High) c) Time: 1 min d) Press start.
6) While Onions are getting cooked, meanwhile let’s whisk eggs. Crack open egg and add milk. Add some salt and nicely whisk
7) After 1 min of cooking, add whisked eggs and cook for 1 min 30 seconds. Take a wet towel (squeezed well) and cover the dish with this towel
a) Mode: Micro mode b) Power Level: 900W (High) c) Time: 1 min 30 seconds d) Press start
If you are wondering, why we have covered dish with wet towel. Due to dry heat of Microwave, Omelette may become chewy. Wet towel helps in generating moist heat. This makes Omelette soft. After 1 min and 30 secs, remove wet towel. This Omelette is more soft in texture
Tip of the Day: How to make Soft and Fluffy Omelette.
a) Add 1-2 tsp Milk of Heavy cream to Omelette. This makes Omelette soft and rich
b) Whisk nicely. This makes Omelette light and fluffy
Share your feedback about this recipe at www.kalimirchbysmita.com
Background Audio: Easy Day by Kevin MacLeod
Find us on:-
Twitter : @kalimirch_smita