Here at the Kenmore Live Studio Mark Beier of On the Go Health & Fitness helps you keep off those seasonal seven pounds that often creep up during the holiday season. Watch to learn how to prepare some healthy but delicious homemade turkey meatloaf!
Click the “Like” button to become our fan at to see the rest of the show and find other recipe videos, full shows, and more – plus, catch more fresh material like this LIVE at
Recipe: Healthy Turkey Meatloaf
Chef: Mark Beier
Yield: Serves 8
1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
2 stalk(s) celery, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove(s) garlic, crushed with press
2 pound(s) lean ground turkey
3/4 cup(s) (from 1 1/2 slices bread) fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
1/3 cup(s) fat-free milk
1 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
2 large egg whites
1/2 cup(s) ketchup
1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
1/4 teaspoon(s) coarsely ground black pepper
1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, in oil, cook celery and onion on medium 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Transfer vegetables to large bowl; cool slightly.
2. To bowl with vegetables, add turkey, bread crumbs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, egg whites, 1/4 cup ketchup, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper; mix with hands until well combined but not overmixed. In cup, mix Dijon and remaining 1/4 cup ketchup.
3. In 13″ by 9″ metal baking pan, shape meat mixture into 9″ by 5″ loaf. Spread ketchup mixture over top of loaf.
4. Bake meatloaf 55 to 60 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center reaches 160 degrees F. (Temperature will rise to 165 degrees F upon standing.)
5. Let meatloaf stand 10 minutes before removing from pan to set juices for easier slicing. Transfer meatloaf to platter and cut into slices to serve.
Calories – 230
Total Fat – 11g
Saturated Fat – 3g
Cholesterol – 80mg
Sodium – 500mg
Total Carbohydrate – 11g
Dietary Fiber – 1g
Protein – 25g
eventName: Special Event Seasonal Smack-Down
talentName: Mark Beier