Lauki Kababs, dodhi kebabs or nutritious baked vegetable kebabs. These jain nugget shaped kebabs are on a different league, with the signature roasted spiced flavors, without any onions or garlic. Goodness of bottle gourd, potatoes and paneer, lauki kebabs are perfect dish out as a evening snack or have as appetizers. Roll it up or dip it down, they can’t go wrong. Forget the lauki ke kofte/pakore for a while, and churn these healthy crunchy yet juicy kababs NOW!
Subscribe for more food fun – http://goo.gl/Pw8vy7
Business Emails – email@example.com
For Kebabs – Peeled & Grated : 2 Potato(optional) & 1 Med Sized Lauki/Bottle Gourd
Grated Paneer – 70-80g
Panko Breadcrumbs – as required
Oil – 2 tsp
For Masala Paste – Roast : Oil – 1 tbsp
Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
Red Chili – 4-5
Green Cardamom – 3-4
Star Anise – 1
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Cashewnut – 4-5
Cinnamon – 2 inch bark
Cloves – 5-6
Coriander Seeds – ½ tbsp
2 tbsp. Chana Dal
To blend along : Handful of Coriander
3-4 Green Chillies,
1 Sprig Curry Leaves
Salt – 1 tsp
Amchoor – 1 tsp
Haldi – ½ tsp
• Squeeze out water from bottle gourd and potato, then steam for 15 minutes. Refrigerate until cooled to room temp.
• For Masala paste : In a pan, add in the oil, follow it up with all the spices and slowly roast in low-medium flame until light golden and fragrant.
• In a blender jar, add in a handful of coriander, green chili, ginger, a few curry leaves, all of the roasted spices and salt, amchoor and haldi. Blend down to a paste using a few drops of water if required.
• Preheat oven to 200C with fan mode OR 220C without fan.
• Final steps : Mix the paneer with the veggies, and begin adding a little masala paste at a time to the veggies, and mix well. Form kebabs by hands in the shape of nuggets, coat them with bread crumbs and place down in a baking tray.
• Smear or Spray a little bit of oil in both sides of the kebabs and bake in 160C(fan mode) OR 180C(without fan) for 12 minutes, flip the kebabs and bake for another 12 minutes, finally Broil for 5 minutes.
• Serve hot with your favourite dip, goes best with a creamy mild chutney..
• You can cook these kebabs in a tawa in low heat, if you desire to.
• The masala paste can less or more depending upon the size, moisture level of the lauki. Freeze the leftover and use in more kebabs like this. You can make this recipe with other veggies also like pumpkin, carrot..