MINESTRONE SOUP…loaded with fresh vegetables & pasta!! A healthy homemade tasty soup for these chilly Winter days, or NOT!! Garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese, chopped Italian parsley, and serve with warm rustic bread to make a perfect comfort meal!! CUDDLE UP!! Recipe below by clicking on SHOW MORE…
3 cups chicken broth (use vegetable broth/stock for vegetarian soup version)
2 cups canned tomatoes, crushed, diced, or chopped
1 cup water, extra for thinning soup, if need
2 (oz) prosciutto, diced (omit for vegetarian soup version)
1 cup fresh zucchini, seeded removed & cubed
1 cup fresh cabbage, chopped
2-4 (ounces) Chard, Baby Kale, Spinach, roughly chopped
1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
1/2 cup small elbow pasta
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup carrots, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon thyme
pinch of Red Crushed Peppers
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. In a large Dutch oven, or heavy bottom pan, over medium-high heat; add 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion, carrots, and celery. Sweat for 5 minutes.
2. Add prosciutto. Cook an additional 1 minutes.
3. Add garlic. Stir several times.
4. Add cabbage and zucchini. Cook an additional 2 minutes.
5. Add chicken broth, tomatoes, water, salt, oregano, thyme, and pinch of red crushed pepper. Stir. Bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes. Turn down heat to simmer. Cover. Simmer 30 minutes.
6. Bring back to boil. Add pasta (cook according to pasta package directions) with the greens. Add extra water if soup becomes too thick.
7. Remove MINESTRONE SOUP from heat. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
8. Garish with freshly grated parmesan cheese, chopped Italian parsley, and rustic warm bread before serving.
TIPS: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator, or freeze up to 2 months.
ENJOY your MINESTRONE SOUP, your way, always!!
JOIN ME ON…
Deronda’s channel offers many different foods that are easy and simple to make, yet delicious to eat…Appetizers, Main Dishes, Desserts, Snacks, Breads, Tips, and much more from start to finish!! An inspirational channel for the CHEF in all of us.
Made with LOVE 🙂
Music by…Kevin MacLeon ()