Share on Facebook : http://goo.gl/u1SVw6
Tweet now : http://goo.gl/XXu9bw
Chef Annuradha Toshniwal brings you a popular & extremely delicious Gujarati dish called Sambhariya Rice. It is made by mixing coconut & coriander with rice. Sambhariya basically means masala and is a very palatable Gujarati dish. It is very easy to make and tastes very good.
Ingredients: (to serve 4 people)
1/2 cup rice, washed
1 cup water
1 cup vegetables- peas, tindora/tendli, carrots – cut into bite-size pieces
1 cup fresh coconut – grated
1 cup coriander – chopped
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp sesame seeds
2 whole red chillies
4-5 curry leaves
To make coconut mixture:
– In a plate, add the grated coconut and the chopped coriander.
– Add salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder to it and mix them all together.
– Heat oil in a pan.
– Add the mustard seeds, white sesame seeds, curry leaves and dry red chillies.
– When the ingredients make a crackling sound, add the salt.
– Add the vegetables – green peas, tendli, potatoes & carrots.
– Add the red chilli powder, haldi powder and water. Put on the lid and let it cook.
– Once the vegetables are cooked, add the rice and the coconut mixture to it and mix well.
– Add salt to the above ingredients and cover it with a lid for about 5 minutes.
– Sambhariya rice is ready.
– Plate it and sprinkle little garam masala over it. Serve it with a bowl of yogurt. (Add red chilli powder and roasted jeera powder to the yogurt, as per your preferences).
Director: Suchandra Basu
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Kataria
Editing: Pratik Jain
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited