Check out to learn more about how you can Help Crush Hunger this October!
One can = One Meal: For every can of Red Gold, Red Pack, Tuttorosso or Huy Fong tomato product purchased in the month of October.
1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1 lb of Ground Beef
½ of an Onion, diced
3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1 tsp of Italian Seasoning
2 14.5 oz cans of Red Gold Diced Tomatoes
1 14.5 oz can of Red Gold Tomato Puree
28 oz Container of Whole Milk Ricotta
¼ cup of Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
9 Lasagna Noodles
Salt, to taste
½ cup of Water
4 cups of Shredded Mozzarella
1) Add the oil to a large skillet with high sides, preheat it over medium high heat and add the ground beef, chopped onion and garlic, add a pinch of salt and saute for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the ground beef is mostly cooked.
2) Add the diced tomatoes and Red Gold tomato puree to the skillet with beef mixture, add a touch of water (about ¼ cup) to the can of the tomato puree, swish it around and add it to the skillet.
3) Season with some salt and Italian seasoning, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for about 40 minutes.
4) In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta, egg, parmesan cheese and a generous pinch of salt, set aside.
5) Time to layer. Grease the base and sides of your slow cooker then add a touch of sauce in the bottom, layer 3 pieces of lasagna noodles (if you have to break them to fit, feel free to do so) add ¼ of the sauce, followed by ⅓ of the ricotta mixture and ¼ of the mozzarella, repeat this process 2 more times, then finish off with the last 3 noodles, cover with the last ¼ of the sauce and the last ¼ of the mozzarella.
6) Cook the lasagna on low for 2 hours, then top with the remaining mozzarella and continue to cook for another hour and a half.
7) After the lasagna has cooked, remove the slow cooked insert and allow it to sit at room temperature for a minimum of 30 minutes before serving.
8) Cut and serve!